Distances by Road
Katima Mulilo to Caprivi Mutoya – 25km
Caprivi Mutoya to Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) – 196km via Ngoma & Kazungula Border Posts
Caprivi Mutoya to Kasane (Botswana) – 118km via Ngoma Border Post
Caprivi Mutoya to Livingstone (Zambia) – 232km via Wenela Border Post
Caprivi Mutoya to Johannesburg (South Africa) – 1305km via Botswana Ngoma Border Post
Ngoma (Botswana/Namibia) – opening hours 0700hrs to 1800hrs
Wenela (Zambia/Namibia) – opening hours 0600hrs to 1800hrs
Kazungula (Botswana/Zimbabwe) – opening hours 0600hrs to 1800hrs
Pandamatenga (Botswana/Zimbabwe) – opening hours 0600hrs to 1800hrs
Noordoewer (South Africa/Botswana) – open 24hrs
Martins Drift (South Africa/Botswana) – opening hours 0600hrs to 2200hrs
Mamuno (Botswana/Namibia) – opening hours 0700hrs to 1800hrs
Shakawe (Botswana/Namibia) – opening hours 0600hrs to 1800hrs
Cross Border Fees
When entering Namibia in a foreign vehicle the following fees apply:
- R220 for a normal car and an additional fee of R140 for a trailer or a caravan.
When entering Botswana in a foreign vehicle the following fees apply:
- Road fund: 50 Pula – valid for 1 year
- Insurance: 50 – 100 Pula – valid for 90 days and will depend on vehicle mass
- Road permit: 40 Pula – single entry OR
- Road permit: 90 Pula – return trip
When entering Zimbabwe in a foreign registered vehicle the following fees apply:
- Carbon Tax: 15 US – valid for 30 days, this will depend on engine capacity
- Road access fee: 10 US – single entry
- Insurance: 50 US
- TIP: Free
When entering Zambia in a foreign registered vehicle the following fees and paperwork apply:
- A Police clearance is needed if you have a Namibian registered vehicle.
- Insurance: 650 Kwacha – valid for 1 year.
- Toll Fee: 38 US – single entry
- Carbon tax: 150 Kwacha- valid for three months
- Sesheke Council Levy: 50 Kwacha – single entry
- Cross Border Levy: 600 Kwacha
*PLEASE NOTE: All of the above charges are subject to change without notice.
Air Botswana and SA Airlink: From Johannesburg to Kasane, Botswana
Air Namibia: From Katima Mulilo (Mpacha) to Windhoek
SAA and BA: From Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
SAA and BA: From Johannesburg to Livingstone, Zambia
Transfers can also be arranged for pick up & drop off for the above airports.
- Please check what visitor visa is required before arrival into Namibia. For further visa information http://www.namibiahc.org.uk/need_visa.php
- Passport is to be valid for at least 6 months prior to arrival. Also make sure you have enough blank pages available in your passport.
- For all countries including Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia and South Africa you are required to carry a vehicle police clearance, your original vehicle papers and proof that you are the owner or have permission to take the vehicle out of the country and enter other countries. Some countries also require a letter from the bank if your vehicle is on hire purchase
- All vehicles must have a fire extinguisher, two red triangles, a first aid kit, a white reflector in the front and a red reflector at the back.
Send Us An Email
Only genuine lodge enquiries will be responded to. All spam emails will be deleted.